Have Your Say
You can Have Your Say in a number of ways, including becoming a member of your local Patient Participation Group, attending a CCG Board meeting and asking a question or by joining Healthwatch Essex.
What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A PPG is a group of patients who belong to a GP practice and meet regularly to share information about health services locally; how these are provided and how these can be improved.
GP practices work with these groups to ask patients their opinions on and support:
- The services the GP practices provide
- Their experience of the care they receive from hospitals, community and mental health providers
- Help patients to take more responsibility for their health
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services and quality of care
- Develop communication between the practice and its patients; and
- Provide practical support for the practice and help to implement change
PPGs may also work together to influence broader issues and to share good practice and ideas.
To join a PPG and get involved, speak to anyone at your local practice.
The National Association for Patient Participation works to promote and support patient involvement in GP practices. They have a website which may be useful if you are thinking of joining your local PPG.
How can I attend/ask a question at a board meeting?
Our board meeting dates are published on our website and papers are uploaded seven days before each meeting so you can see the agenda and what will be covered at the meeting.
Members of the public and stakeholders are welcome to attend these meetings and there are opportunities both at the beginning and end of each meeting for the public to ask the Board questions about items on the agenda or local health services.
Healthwatch Essex works to help people get the best out of Essex’s health and social care services - making sure your views and experiences are heard by those who run, plan and watch over health and social care services in Essex.
To get involved in their work or for more information:
- Visit https://www.healthwatchessex.org.uk/get-involved/
- Call them on 0300 500 1895.
- Like Healthwatch Essex on Facebook
- Follow Healthwatch Essex on Twitter