This page outlines some useful resources that you, as residents or as members of the community and voluntary sector may find useful within West Essex. Please note this page contains links to external websites.
The CCG works closely with the local community and voluntary organisations (CVSs) who are able to provide a support, advice and development service for community and voluntary organisations. They can also advise you what services are available within your community.
Voluntary Action Epping Forest
If you are interested in volunteering you should contact the local volunteers centres who would be happy to explore the type of voluntary work that would be of interest to you and to share some options based on your interests and availability.
Volunteer Centre Harlow
3 Wych Elm,
Tel:01279 308310 / 07910 075101
For more information visit the Volunteer Essex Website.
Volunteer Centre Epping Forest,
Homefield House, Civic Offices,
For more information visit the Voluntary Action website.
Volunteer Centre Uttlesford,
Saffron Walden Community Hospital,
For more information visit the Volunteer Uttlesford website.
Signposts and support services
The following contacts may be useful for identifying suitable services in your local area or for specific services that you may access.
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau
Epping Forest Citizens Advice Bureau
Additional services that the CCG is working in partnership with and other links
Past grant funding
In April 2014 West Essex CCG and Essex County Council awarded grants totalling £448,000 to voluntary sector projects in west Essex. Services that were successful in the 2014/15 funding round are as follows:
- Support 4 Sight - Community support for people with sight loss
- Action for Family Carers- A carer/hospital liaison service
- Stroke Association- Information, advice and support services
- Voluntary Action Epping Forest- Social Prescription Service
- The ‘J’s Hospice- Hospice at Home Service for children and young people
- The Prince’s Trust- Moving young lives forward – for children and young people
- West Essex MIND and Young Concern Trust- Talking Therapies for 13-16 year olds
- West Essex MIND- Mental Health Peer support programme
- Community Service Volunteers (CSV) Essex- Supported volunteering
- ACCURO- Parenting Support Project
- Lambourne End Centre for Outdoor Learning- Food for thought – for children and young people
- Voluntary Action Epping Forest Home safety – for frail adults
- Deafblind- Community Outreach to deafblind people in west Essex