Your chance to take part in a webinar as part of the Ofsted and CQC inspection…
Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) are carrying out a joint inspection from Monday 30 September to Friday 4 October 2019.
This is to see how well the local area is fulfilling its responsibilities for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).
The inspection will check how effectively the local area:
- identifies the needs of children and young people with SEND
- meets the needs of these children and young people so their outcomes and chances of participating fully in society improve.
During the inspection, Ofsted and CQC inspectors will be keen to speak to as many children and young people and their parents and carers as possible.
Get involved – contribute your views
If you are the parent or carer of a child with SEND in Essex, you can take part in the inspection process in the following ways:
- This online recorded webinar is open until 11:59pm on Tuesday 1 October
- It lasts approximately 30 minutes, during which time you will be able to respond to poll questions
- The webinar will remain open for an hour at the end to enable you to submit any further comments
- Register for the webinar.
Local parent carer forum
- Essex Local Offer will be arranging open meetings for all parents, carers and young people. You can come along and share your experiences with the inspection team
Find more information about the inspection on the Essex Local Offer website.