Staying safe and protecting yourself…
Here at West Essex CCG the battle against flu is well under way.
And with COVID-19 still very much affecting our everyday lives and offering daily health challenges it is more vital than ever you get your jab if you are among those eligible to receive it through your GP or pharmacist.
Important changes have been made to make sure it is safe for you to have the flu vaccine including social distancing, hand washing and wearing protective equipment.
It is important to go to your appointment when invited and keep it unless you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus.
As a result of COVID-19 the groups of people being invited for free jabs has been opened up this year.
These now include if you:
- are 65 and over (including those who'll be 65 by 31 March 2021)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who's at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- are frontline health or social care workers.
Here at West Essex CCG we have already carried out a highly successful vaccination day for staff with another to follow.