Last updated: 25 May 2021
NHS advice and information
Visit the NHS website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information and advice on:
- self-isolation and how to look after yourself and others
- people at higher risk
- long-term effects (long COVID)
Learn about the Government’s national response to coronavirus on GOV.UK.
You can also get the latest guidance on coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do.
Book a COVID-19 vaccination
If you have received a letter or text inviting you to book a coronavirus vaccination, you can book your appointment online through the National Booking System or call 119.
COVID-19 vaccination helpline
If you need help booking your vaccine appointment, call the Essex helpline on 0344 2573 961 (open 9am to 4pm, charged at the local rate).
Vaccination information in different languages and formats
Support for vulnerable groups
If you have been identified as being in a high-risk group, you should continue to follow the guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable.
If you need help and support, contact your local community hub:
You can also get help from the Essex Wellbeing Service. Find more information about looking after yourself and others on Essex County Council’s website.
Access other healthcare services during COVID-19
During the pandemic, it can be hard to know what to do if you’re unwell or are concerned about specific symptoms such as cancer, heart attack or stroke.
The NHS is still here to help you get the care and treatment you need, when you need it. You can:
- contact your GP surgery online, via an app or by phone to be assessed
- get help from NHS 111 online or call 111. Call 111 if you are worried about your baby or child’s health
- call 999 if it’s a serious or life-threatening emergency for you, an adult or child
- go to hospital if you’re advised to
- attend any appointments, unless you’re told not to go
- book routine vaccinations for you or your child. Read why vaccination is safe and important
- order repeat prescriptions on the NHS App and through your GP surgery or pharmacy’s online service, where available.
Mental health support
If you’re feeling anxious or stressed at this time, the Every Mind Matters website has some helpful tips on how to cope with coming out of lockdown.
- North Essex Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Services – offers free and confidential talking therapy and practical support for residents in west Essex, mid Essex and Hertfordshire
- Every Mind Matters website – top tips for how to look after your mental wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- NHS Mental Health Hub - find information and support for your mental health
If you are experiencing domestic abuse then there is support for you. You are not alone.
Call the free, 24-hour Refuge National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247.
Police response and support services remain available. If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 999.
Find more information, including the help and support available to you, on GOV.UK.
Useful links and COVID-19 websites
COVID Healthier Future website – information about the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Hertfordshire and west Essex (Epping, Harlow and Uttlesford).
Essex County Council website – the coronavirus hub gives you the latest information on:
- getting tested
- COVID-19 news and data
- support for businesses and residents
Essex COVID-19 vaccine website – information and guidance on:
- getting your vaccine
- attending your appointment
- vaccine eligibility
- vaccination centres
Your COVID Recovery website – information to help and support you if you are recovering from the long-term effects of COVID-19.
West Essex CCG’s latest news – read the latest news stories online.