Electronic Prescribing for Patients
The Electronic Prescription Services (EPS), introduced by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) is currently being rolled out in West Essex. The EPS service allows prescriptions to be sent electronically via the NHS spine from the surgery to your nominated pharmacy.
You are able to nominate a pharmacy or appliance contractor to have your prescriptions sent electonically. Your surgery will always be able to see who you have nominated, so if you forget who you have nominated, just ask them to check.
- You can nominate any pharmacy within England who have signed up to EPS
- You can nominate a pharmacy close to your place of work
- Useful if you are visiting another part of the country for a long period
- You can change your nomination at any point, or even cancel it and ask for a paper prescription
- For repeats, your GP will send the scripts to the spine, which the pharmacy will download, reducing your need to visit the surgery to collect your prescription.
For more information regarding EPS for Patients and Carers please visit:
NHS Digital Electronic Prescribing Infomation (will redirect to NHS Digital website)
If you require any further information, please contact us.